A New Year’s message of gratitude and thanks from my heart to yours for your support of – or interest in – my teaching practice, Megan Spencer Meditation, over the past year.
As always it’s been inspiring, and again not an easy time due to the ongoing challenges with the pandemic and the continuing fallout from that.
I’m grateful to have connected with you through meditation – also with my teaching colleague, Michael, with whom I collaborated on various Breathworks events.
I wish you a peaceful and joyful transition into 2023!
2022 was a big one for me in many ways! In addition to making a bunch of wartime history podcasts (my “day job”), I also:
- Taught an 8-week Breathworks course, Mindfulness for Health;
- Continued teaching customised 1:1 individual mindfulness sessions and programs;
- Led a monthly online meditation practice group, and
- Finished the year with a restful, nourishing Day Retreat in beautiful Aldinga Beach.
- I also finally finished my Breathworks Teaching Accreditation, something I have been working towards for a number of years!
In 2023 my plans are to:
- Teach 8-week courses, including the Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress, something I am very much looking forward to! It’s an elegant, simple and deeply nourishing course that gives you practical tools to manage the stress that can come with day-to-day life, work and/or that which may have accumulated over the last couple of (challenging) years. Dates/price TBA but please feel free to indicate your interest. (Likely to be online on a weeknight via Zoom).
- Consider continuing the monthly online practice group if there’s enough interest (last Tuesday of every month, 6.00-7.15pm, $15/$10 pp, via Zoom). It’s a great way to expand your current practice, ask any questions you may have to a trained, experienced teacher, and to practice in community. (Standby for dates!)
- Continue teaching 1:1 mindfulness meditation programs customised to suit your needs, and
- Develop further restful and healing Day Retreats and mini-programs.
Stay up-to-date by joining my mailing list here. You can also follow me on Insta and Facebook.
A New Year’s wish… May we all be well, safe, happy, and live with ease.
I’ll leave you with this quote about kindness from Nikki Banas (The Minds Journal). It really resonated with me when I heard it recently. Maybe it will with you too…
“You never really know the true impact you have on those around you. You never know how much someone needed that smile you gave them. You never know how much your kindness turned someone’s entire life around. You never know how much someone needed that long hug or deep talk. So don’t wait to be kind. Don’t wait for someone else to be kind first. Don’t wait for better circumstances or for someone to change. Just be kind, because you never know how much someone needs it (or for that matter, you)”.
~ Megan Spencer